The Inclusive Values of the School
UNCRC Article #3, 5, 6, 8, 23, 24, 28, 29
Inclusion is at the heart of our school and central to our ethos and values and our core value of ‘community’ promotes and supports our work in this area. The school has embraced Makaton to support pupils because a sense of belonging is important for everyone in our school community. The school has worked hard to celebrate diversity alongside inclusion and the banner at the front entrance states ‘All Different, All Equal’ and this is also central to who we are and what we do at Les Landes. Pupil voice is a strength of the school and every child has the opportunity to have a voice and a vote in the running of the school. An active Parent Forum and working parties support the school to develop, revisit and refine policy and practice. Our whole school assemblies reflect inclusion and promote the values of the school and children often lead sections of these. Children’s rights are embedded in the school and the children and staff refer to the articles of the UNCRC regularly. They are in planning and policies. The school has been accredited for the work to promote diversity, inclusion, fairness, equality, respect and acceptance (DIFERA) and is currently working towards an Inclusion Kite Mark (IQM) to validate our strong practice in this area.
Leadership and management of Inclusion
- Headteacher – Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL), Inclusion
- Deputy Headteacher – DSL, SENCo, Jersey Premium (JP), Child Looked After (CLA) lead
- Senior teacher and KS Manager– Pupil voice, PSHE, lead, Mental Health First Aider
- Class teachers – 2 NASENCo trained, Multi-Lingual Learners lead,
- Pastoral Lead- Attendance / punctuality, Mental Health and wellbeing, staff supervision, Early Help, ELSA
- Keyworkers – Makaton tutor and trainer, social communication, ELSA
Difera Junior Heroes of 2023
Year 4 are the proud recipients of the Difera Junior Heroes 2023 award
The following films you may find useful in understanding Neurodiversity.
Please see the documents attached showing some of the policies linking to inclusion
More information can be found on the Gov.je website pages - links below: